Each year local and national businesses generously donate their services and products to our school community for our silent and live auction. This year, we wanted to share some of the cool experience donations we have received — donations that entitle winning bidders to unique life adventures. Here are just a few of these wonderful contributions:
Kirpalu Center for Yoga and Health – 2 Night Retreat
A complimentary 2-night Retreat and Renewal stay for one person at the Kirpalu Center for Yoga and Health in the beautiful Berkshire Mountains of Western Massachusetts. Rejuvenate your body, mind and spirit at one of the largest yoga retreat centers in the world.
91.3 The Summit – Life and Lyrics with Bill Hall
The certificate gives the winner an opportunity to record a ½-hour session with our great on-air personality, Bill Hall, which will include the winner’s 5-6 best loved songs interspersed with a (very relaxed) interview. The whole thing is recorded, and once the show airs (on a later date), the winner will receive a commemorative CD of the Life & Lyrics with Bill Hall session.
One Week of Summer Camp
- Kroka Expeditions — Spend a week in of summer in the wilderness. THE KROKA EXPEDITIONS DIFFERENCE: Immersion, Freedom and Responsibility At Kroka Expeditions, kids are given a great deal of freedom. In return for that freedom, they are asked to take on a significant amount of responsibility for themselves and their group.
- YMCA Camp Y-Noah — A tradition of excellence since 1930, Camp Y-Noah programs and the professional staff instill a sense of belonging into thousands of youth and adults each year. The 290-acre wooded facility offers many activity areas, hiking trails, a 22-acre private lake and several types of accommodation, all within a secure, social environment.
Akron Rubber Ducks VIP Passes
Four lucky baseball fans will be VIP at a Rubber Ducks Baseball Game. These Four tickets to a Rubber Ducks baseball game at Canal Park in Downtown Akron include a behind the scenes tour of Canal Park and one ceremonial first pitch.
And So Much More
Plus there are a variety of fabulous tickets to performances from The Akron Symphony, Cleveland Orchestra, Weathervane Theater, Great Lakes Theater, Blossom and more!
We cannot wait to everyone on Saturday March 22nd!
- Permission slips will be sent home for all students in Grades 1 through 8 by the end of this week. Please return them promptly.
- We will need many parents to help drive students to and from the Ice Arena. We leave the school at 12:30 and leave Kent State at 2:45. We are generally back at the school by 3:30. (If you wish to pick up your child at the ice arena, you must be there by3:00.)
- Our skating dates are February 28, March 7, and March 14, and we are always in need of drivers and chaperones.
Hope to see you at the ice rink!
Spring Garden Waldorf School is proud to be a part of this Saturday’s (2/22) BIG LOVE Festival at the Downtown Akron Musica Complex at 51 E. Market Street. The FREE event, which begins at noon, will include art, music, dance, food, kid friendly crafts and spirited fun with community!
Event highlights include:
- Performances by: Zach & the Bright Lights, Winslow, Umojah Nation, Jovan Wilder and the Wild Things, Tall Tales of Akron, Acid Cats, Time Cat, The Help, Emma Shepard, The Poplars, Diana Chittester, Todd V, Ursula Rauh, TM Gottl, and more! In addition to regular musical performances, there will also be some kirtan and chanting!
- Art installations by: Jessica Lofthus, Michael Marras, Megan Shane, David Swirsky, Eunsu Kang, Mara Frage, Erica Hoosic, Caty Petersilge, Julie Norman
- Crafts and Kid Activities by: Spring Garden Waldorf School.
- The W.O.M.B. is facilitating healthy living and community organizing workshops.
- Akron Shambhala will be facilitating meditations throughout the day.
Let us raise up some Big Love in our community! Hope to see you there!
|Smiling faces from wall to wall!|
On Saturday our halls and grounds were filled with children’s laughter, uplifting music, the delightful aromas of tasty food, and the unique joy that accompanies our annual Children’s Festival and Artists’ Market.
|Hey Mavis rocked the house!|
Over 700 visitors from the school and the greater Akron community joined us for this delightful celebration. We are grateful to Lerryn Campbell for once again directing the monumental task of coordinating staff, volunteers, and outside vendors, to bring this delightful day together for all to enjoy. Lerryn has risen to this challenge for many years, and the wealth of love and good spirit she brings to the task is infectious.
|Cookie Fairies from the Class of 2014|
We’re also grateful to the many, many volunteers who helped set up Friday night, worked in the craft rooms, served in the kitchen, and stayed after the Festival Saturday to get the building back in order. The Children’s Festival and Artists’ Market is a shining example of how we can all come together — heads, hearts, and hands — to create a magical experience for one and all.
Did you know? There are a lot of great Waldorf Parent blogs and communities out there online. Including these active Facebook pages for Waldorf parents:
Also check out these Waldorf inspired blogs and businesses created by Waldorf Parents:
Do you have a Waldorf parenting blog or business to share? Let us know!