As you may know, or may have learned recently when we dropped a note in your mailbox, 30 hours of volunteering is required from each of our families. Part of those hours must come from a collective work day at the school. Work days are our most effective way to accomplish larger scale projects. They also help project planning and completion, help build community, and show the children what’s involved in supporting the school. Many hands make light work.
Here is the upcoming 2015 Work Day schedule.
Please Click to sign up and you’ll be redirected to our online Sign Up tool, SignUpGenius.
We are delighted to announce that we have hired a new Spanish teacher! Trista White, pronounced (Treesta), is a recent graduate of the University of Akron, with degrees in Spanish and Spanish Education. She has been student teaching at various local high schools and elementary schools, and she is very excited to begin working with SGWS students.
Children at First Night can make cards for Children at Akron Children’s Hospital. Spring Garden Waldorf School will host a Children’s Hospital Card booth at First Night Akron in the John S. Knight Center from 6-9 p.m. on New Year’s Eve. At the booth, children and their parents can decorate the outside of cards with a variety of fun materials to give to patients at Akron Children’s Hospital.
Those patients, in turn, will use the cards as craft material as they make cards for friends, family and hospital staff. A coordinator of volunteer services at Akron Children’s Hospital said that January is a fairly quiet month for the children who are patients, and the cards will bring much-needed joy while allowing for the patients to interact with others. It’s truly a gift that keeps on giving!
Stop by Exhibit Hall 1 at The John S. Knight Center, the Spring Garden Waldorf School Booth, and make a card on New Year’s Eve to brighten a child’s day.
- A snow pass for every Saturday from 9am to 1pm
- Five lessons for any level
- And four pick a day/club passes good for any day, any time at Boston Mills, Brandywine, Alpine Valley, or even a snow tubing session.
These passes can be used by the member or anyone they choose to give it to!
Use our easy online registration – 3 easy steps:
- Just go to this link: https://www.skipeakresorts.com/ShopBMBW/ClubHome.aspx
- Our login is: springgarden and our password is: in your email box in the ski club email (or email Michael West).
- Follow the instructions provided.
- We are tax exempt and you don’t pay online — just drop your check payable to Spring Garden in my Michael West’s folder.
See you on the slopes!