Many children (and parents) remember the fresh baked bread from our Early Childhood classes with great fondness. This must be why so many people ask for the recipe! Well, here it is.
- 2 tbsp yeast
- 3 cups warm liquid
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup oil (melted butter works)
- 3 tsp salt
- 6-8 cups of flour mixture (wheat, white-2 cups of the mixture can be oatmeal which gives a nice texture, millet, seeds,etc)
- Mix yeast, 1T honey and some warm water in a bowl. Leave it to foam up
- Combine with warm liquid, oil, salt, honey and yeast mixture in a large bowl.
- Add the sifted flour mixture until the liquid is absorbed. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Continue adding the flour mixture until the dough is kneadable. Knead dough and form into rolls or loaves. (Recipe should make 2 loaves or 24 rolls)
- Place on a cookie sheet in a preheated 200 degree convection oven for 15 minutes to rise.
- Turn up to 300 degrees and bake (rolls) for 15-20 minutes until done.