Parent Council will be hosting a Halloween Celebration on Friday, October 28, from 5:30-7:30 p.m. in the SGWS Oval, and a Pumpkin Carving Event Thursday, October 27, from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m at the Sportsmen’s Club Pavilion next to SGWS.
For The Pumpkin Carving Event Thurs. 8/27 @ 3:30:
Please sign up for this event. A Pumpkin Carving Sign-Up Sheet will be located outside of the office. This will be for SGWS families only and parents are responsible for supervising their children at all times. If you would like to attend, but are unable to make it into the building to sign up, please contact Debi Huselton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sign-up must be completed no later than 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, October 26
- We ask parents to bring carving tools
- Bring your own pumpkin, tea light candle. If you wish to have a pumpkin and tea light provided for you and/or your child at the pavilion, you may indicate that on the sign-up sheet (there will be a $6.00 charge to your MCA for the pumpkin and tea light)
- Carved pumpkins will be left for the Halloween Celebration the following evening. If you wish to take your pumpkin (s) home after the celebration, please remove it/them before 7:30 p.m. All of those left will be removed from the property.
For The Halloween Celebration Fri. 8/28 @ 5:30:
- We will enjoy a costume parade (those in costume should report to the flagpole at 6:15), carved pumpkins, a bonfire, food and drink, and the company of each other!
- Alumni, family, and friends are welcome, too!
- Please bring a finger food to share. Remember all food must be nut-free – please provide an ingredient list.
- Plates, napkins, cups and cider will be provided.
- All carved pumpkins are welcome for display –if you couldn’t attend the Pumpkin Carving event, you can bring a carved pumpkin from home
- Everyone is encouraged to dress up (parents, too)! Use of media or commercial characters and gruesome or visually offensive costumes are not permitted.
- Parents are responsible for supervising their children at all times throughout the celebration.
Last, but not least, volunteers are appreciated! Please contact your Parent Council Rep if you can donate some time at either event.