A wonderful opportunity in building a summer rhythm for your family exists outside in your home garden or here in the garden at SGWS. I invite any individuals and families to join me throughout the summer in simple tasks that care for our earth and our plants. I am planning the garden for a heavy fall harvest this year, planting many things a bit later than conventional. I will provide a schedule for each month for specific activities.
- Friday, June 13: Peppers, potatoes, potatoes, potatoes, and some cabbage. 10 am to 1 pm.
- Monday, June 16: Squashes and Melons. 9:30 am to 12 pm
- Tuesday, June 17: Squashes, Melons, Herbs. 10 am to 1 pm.
- Friday, June 20, Herbs, Lettuces, Broccoli, Carrots and Kale for the Welcome Back Dinner and September Hot Lunch. 10 am to 1 pm.
- Monday, June 23: Lettuces, Chard, Collards and Beets. 9:30 am to 12 pm
- June 24 through June 29: If there is no rain, we will need someone to turn off and on the irrigation for this time.
- Monday, June 30: Lettuces, and assorted Root Vegetables. 9:30 am to 12 pm
Feel free to contact me at email@example.com, to express your interest, or simply show up. I do not maintain an on-the-dot schedule during the summer but I rarely operate more than 15 minutes off of schedule. I hope everyone has a wonderful summer and I hope to see you in our garden.